The Adventure

Tokyo Disneyland

A huge day for each and every one of us. We packed our bags and said our farewells to Kyoto. Boarding our final bullet train in Japan, we decided to spend our last day in Japan at Disneyland. The kids were so excited, it was hard to keep them quiet for the entire morning.

We arrived at JR Tokyo Station and transferred lines to the local subway bound for Disneyland. We were blessed with great weather, a cool breeze with a little sun and low humidity. I was a happy girl!


Rides were ridden. Chocolate ice-cream sandwiches were shared. Churros were devoured. And we smiled and laughed all afternoon. Sure, it’s a little over the top, and expensive, but you only have a few times in your life to enjoy days like these, so we relished in every moment. The kids loved the parade that weaves around the park. Ted waved furiously at his favourite characters while Abi was a little more timid. She was thrilled to see Mary Poppins make an appearance though.


I had previously been warned by a local Japanese friend to avoid Disneyland on the weekend and she wasn’t wrong with her advice. I have never seen a crowd like we witnessed that day. Most rides had a 60-90 minute wait, even the not so great rides. Fastpasses for the better rides were long sold out by the time we arrived. We made the most of it and managed to ride on the favourites like Pirates of the Caribbean, It’s a Small World, the spinning teacups, Autotopia and the mini rocket ships.



We had many people ask for photos with the kids and at one point as Pluto was posing with Abi, we were swarmed by locals, taking more pictures of us than of Pluto. It was quite surreal.


We bought huge oversized character hats and wore them with pride. A quick walk home to our hotel meant the kids were tucked into bed at a reasonable hour before our transfer to Haneda Airport the next morning at 7am.


Sayonara Japan, Ni Hao Hong Kong!


Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply